“Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
The Content Marketing Institute
The goal of content marketing is to attract and retain customers by providing them with highly-relevant and valuable content, with the intention of influencing or changing their behavior. Content marketing provides businesses with long-term ROI by boosting your owned media assets (as opposed to “paid”). By incorporating content marketing into your overall marketing strategy, you increase the effectiveness of other channels, such as social, search, email, etc.
- 78% of CMOs think custom content is the future of marketing (Hanley Wood 2013)
- Companies with active blogs receive 97% more leads (Content+ 2013)
- Clicks from shared content are 5 times more likely to lead to purchase (Voltier Digital 2012)
- 70% of customers prefer to get information about a company from content rather than ads (Content+ 2013)
- Articles with images get 94% more views (Content+ 2013)
- Content creation is ranked the single most effective SEO technique by 53% (Marketing Sherpa 2013)
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing
- Blog posts with 1,5000+ words receive 68.1% more tweets and 22.6% more Facebook likes than a blog post that is under 1,500 words. (Source: QuickSprout)
There is no arguing that content marketing is an extremely effective way to drive business, yet only 37% of marketers say that their content is effective (yikes!). If you need help with your content marketing, LocalVox has a dedicated team of professional writers who provide content for all types of businesses. To learn more, contact us.