These are good tips on local SEO and social media from VentureBeat. We might add a couple for local SEO tactics for local businesses (or be a bit more specific in the SEO tips they provided). For example, make sure your local directories are claimed and have consistent information as they drive local search, publish to networks of local blogs and publishers and offer deals as calls to action on your networks and website as that promotes social media sharing and converts SEO traffic.
Without further ado, the top ten list and how it fits into what we do at LocalVox:
1) Do an SEO Audit - We take a look at your current site as well as local SEO channels like directories and Google+ Local
2) Register your brand name on major social media channels - We make sure your profiles are claimed on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and over 100 major local and mobile directories.
3) Distribute content via your social channels - Every time you publish on LocalVox, it automatically it is distributed to your Facebook, Twitter, email and even your website – with the push of a single button.
4) Display your social media “connect” buttons on every page of your website - This is a recommended best practice for all our clients.
5) Enable your visitors to share content via social media “share” buttons - This is a recommended best practice for all our clients.
6) Build your email list - We give you sign up sheets and an easy to use system to manage your emails.
7) Get on the Pinterest bandwagon - Pinterest doesn’t have an API yet, but we did write on which local businesses should consider Pinerest.
8) Publish awesome content on your blog (and lots of it) - The LocalVox platform is all about publishing your events, announcements and deals and distributing them to your website and a network of local publishers. It helps you get the biggest bang for your buck every time you publish.
9) Start an SEO link building campaign - Building links to your website is crucial. We help you do that on high ranking local sites, including NearSay.com, and a network of local publishers. Every time you publish, you are building more links to your website.
10) Author guest blog posts - The point of this is getting good links on third party sites. We help you do that with everything you publish.
If all of this seems really hard, know that it doesn’t have to be. Look for a solution that does most of the work for you. You already know how to talk to customers and prospects – you do it every day. The best thing you can do is get started and write a paragraph or two about what makes your business special and what’s going on so that you can convey it to your customers online.