Content Marketing is the Future.
Content marketing is more than just a hot topic. Experts everywhere are calling it the future of marketing and for good reason. In a noisy world, we as consumers have become very adept at avoiding advertising.
Click through rates on banner ads are plummeting – in fact you are more likely to survive a plane crash than click on a banner ad. It’s easier than ever to defriend you, unlike you or just ignore you if I don’t like the content you are marketing and putting out there.
The way to stand out in the world (social media, search engines, email, mobile, directories, etc.) is with great content. Here’s how to get started with content marketing.
Content Marketing Stats that Prove the Case
Here are some great stats pulled from an even greater online presentation.
- 78% of CMOs think custom content is the future of marketing (Hanley Wood 2013)
- Companies with active blogs receive 97% more leads (Content+ 2013)
- Content creation is ranked the single most effective SEO technique by 53% (Marketing Sherpa 2013)
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing
- Clicks from shared content are 5 times more likely to lead to purchase (Voltier Digital 2012)
- 70% of customers prefer to get information about a company from content rather than ads (Content+ 2013)
- Articles with images get 94% more views (Content+ 2013)
How Do I Get Started with Content Marketing?
Sadly, I see few local businesses doing content marketing really well, but those that do are wildly successful. Our clients have a higher rate of success, and go out of business less frequently than their industry averages.
Content marketing is not out of reach, it just requires effective tools, a little education and a partner willing to help.
It starts with that first blog, that first email, that first thing you share. With a commitment to do one thing a week, you get into a pattern. And best of all, content marketing grows in value over time. It increases your differentiation, improves your search rankings, builds increasing loyal followings on social media and email.
Just get started now. Give us a shout if you need help with that first step.
Want to learn more about content marketing? Download our comprehensive guide to creating content your customers will love.